Environmental Development Partners, LLC
17495 Village Green Drive, Houston, TX 77040
Monday through Friday: 8:00am to 5:00pm
Phone: (832) 467-1599
Pay Your Water Bill
You may now pay via credit/debit/prepaid card or eCheck. American Express, Discover, MasterCard, and Visa are all accepted. Listed below are our available options for your convenience:
• Log onto EDP’s website to access the online payment portal. You can register your account, OR pay as a guest.
Automatic Monthly Payments
• Log onto EDP’s website or contact EDP at 832-467-1599 to sign up for auto payments. You can select your payment method, enter your due date of the 6th, and the payment amount. Each month, you will receive an email confirming the payment was successful.
Live Agent Assisted Payments
• 832-467-1599 (M – F, 8AM – 5PM)
• Enclose payment stub with your check or money order in the return envelope provided. Please allow ample time to ensure delivery before the due date. Mail your payment, addressed to the District, to P.O. Box 3264, Houston, TX 77253-3264.
• Our office location is 17495 Village Green Drive, Houston, TX 77040.
Night Drop Box
• The office has a drop box slot on the front door. Please insert a check or money order, along with the payment stub, in the return envelope. Our payment processing department will post the payment the following business day.
Online Bill Pay Through Your Financial Institution
• Payments can be made via your at-home internet service. Please allow 7-10 business days, prior to the due date, for the payment to be received.
First Billing Services assesses a convenience fee for each credit, debit, prepaid card and eCheck transaction. Card transactions will be assessed a 3.99% fee. One-time eCheck transactions will be assessed a $1.99 fee, and recurring eCheck transactions will be assessed a $1.00 fee.
For more information or assistance with registration, Call EDP at 832-467-1599 Monday – Friday, 8:00am to 5:00pm CST.
Notice About Confidentiality of Customer Information
Chapter 182 of the Texas Utilities Code as amended in 2021 by House Bill 872 provides that a government-operated utility such as Harris-Fort Bend Counties Municipal Utility District No. 3 (“District”) may not disclose personal information (customer’s address, telephone number, and social security number) in a customer’s account, or any information related to the volume or units of utility usage or amounts billed or collected for such utility usage, unless the customer elects to allow such information to be disclosed.
The Utilities Code requires the District to provide notice of the customer’s right to allow disclosure of his or her information. If you would like to allow disclosure of your personal information, please complete the authorization form and return it to the District.
NOTE: The District is allowed to disclose information in a customer’s account record to federal, state or local government officials; to District employees, officials and operations personnel; to consumer reporting agencies; to a contractor or subcontractor approved by and providing services to the District, the state, a political subdivision of the state, or the United States; or to any other provider of utility services.